The Naperville Area Humane Society’s Summer Camps for 2017!
Animals & Us Day Camp offers six different types of camps that allow children to be immersed in animal learning and fun. Each camp offers animal-related educational activities, including games, crafts, guest speakers from other animal-related organizations, animal interactions, and more!
- Offered during the week of: (6/7-6/9)
“Friends for Life”
Friends for Life is a 5-day camp from 9am-12pm that focuses on pet care and learning about responsibility for animals. Special guests from our humane society as well as outside animal organizations will make each day a new adventure for the campers. $150 per camper
- Offered during the weeks of: (6/26-6/30-FULL), (7/17-7/21), & (7/31-8/4)
Animal Neighbors is a 5-day camp from 9am-12pm that incorporates visits from other animal organizations to educate children on the importance of compassion for all kinds of animals. Children will love learning about, and meeting, the different kinds of animals while learning how each organization benefits animals in their own ways. $150 per camper
- Offered during the weeks of: (6/12-6/16- FULL) & (7/10-7/14)
- Offered during the week of 7/24-7/28 - FULL
“Dog’s Day Out”
Dog’s Day Out is a 5-day camp from 9am-2pm that gives campers a chance to learn about NAHS, as well as learn about other animal related organizations and observe first-hand how the community cares for and rescues all kinds of creatures big and small. $250 per camper (please bring a lunch)
- A behind the scenes look at the gorillas at the Brookfield Zoo
- Q&A with a vet and a chance to see a live surgery at the Indian Prairie Animal Hospital
- Nature hike and scavenger hunt at the Fullersburg Nature Center
- Hands-on service work in the horse barn at the Hanson Center Riding Arena
- Behind the scenes guided tour and end of the summer camp picnic at the Phillips Park Zoo
- & not to mention...HANDS ON TRAINING & AGILITY WORK with the dogs at our humane society!
- Offered during the week of 6/19-6/23 - FULL
New This Year! K9 Manners is a 5-day camp from 9am-12pm that where campers will work one-on-one with a humane society dog. Campers will learn positive reinforcement training techniques from trainers and then get a chance each day to work with our shelter dogs. $150 per camper
- Offered during the week of 8/7-8/11- FULL
CLICK HERE to Register for any of the above camps!
The registration fee includes materials for crafts, water bottle, and a daily snack (for the 9am-2pm camp please bring a lunch). There is a 4% transaction fee for all online registrations and a $25 cancellation fee.
Questions? Please contact Kristen Funk at 630-420-8989x117 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Naperville Area Humane Society has year-round programs for all ages, please Click Here for the HUMANE EDUCATION GUIDE to see all the programs that NAHS offers.